EDCGSR’s Adoption Process:
Thank you for your interest in adopting a German Shepherd from our rescue! We appreciate in advance your patience and understanding that the adoption process takes time. The adoption process is well thought out and planned to help ensure a successful and rewarding adoption for families and dogs. Our dogs are pulled from public animal shelters, which is stressful for all animals. We look forward to working through this process with you.
- Please fill out the application below and press submit.
- Once the application has been processed which means references have been checked, an EDCGSR volunteer will contact you to discuss your application and/or schedule an appointment to visit the dog of interest. (This can take anywhere from 5-7days.)
- If after the first meet and greet you want to pursue an adoption, a house check will be performed. During the house check we look for:
- Secure, high fencing for the dog’s area when left alone.
- Shelter from the elements if the dog is outside during the day.
- Fresh water, inside and outside your home.
- Inside area where the dog will sleep at night.
- If all goes well, then a second visit is scheduled. During this time we ask that you bring any family members and dogs or other pets that will share the household. This way a decision can be made as to the best fit for your entire family.
- If the house check is approved, there will be an agreed upon day, for the drop off or pick up, of you new, fur-ever family member.